Here comes my very first guest fashion edit for Monique Magazine October 2017 edition. It’s dedicated for bold women who refuse to be wallflowers and are just too hot to handle. They will always be wearing red because they are not afraid to be seen.
FRESH WAYS TO WEAR RED THIS SEASON
- Resist the urge to match red with black. The combination looks so severe and a bit dated. Try navy, camel, white or cream instead.
- Denim dresses red down nicely. I love this season’s trucker style jackets with shearling or teddy accents.
- Show some skin. Nude pumps look simply amazing with red. Just remember to celebrate your own unique skin tone and not to conform into high street’s narrow idea of pink-beige nude.
- Red speaks volumes on it’s own so you won’t need a lot of makeup to accompany it. I love an intense red lip paired with an almost bare face.
- Instead of complicated trying-too-hard hair do’s try a simple pony tail or just let your hair flow wild and free.
- Keep jewelry simple to avoid any Christmas party associations.
- If you really are too shy to wear full-on red then consider injecting just a tiny splash of red in your look by painting your nails red. I also adore a red jacket or handbag lining, not to mention a coveted red shoe sole!
Your image consultant with an eye for detail
This story was originally published in Monique Magazine October 2017 edition.