DISCLAIMER: I am using affiliate links in my blog and may earn a commission from your purchases. However, all my style recommendations are genuine and based on my personal style preferences. I want to offer you a beautiful fashion experience every time your visit this blog. Thank you so much for supporting I on Image!
Here comes my November 2017 fashion edit for Monique Magazine. It’s dedicated for strong and fierce women who will fearlessly continue to fight for equality in our society.
Bold leopard prints took over the fashion scene in AW 2017 and so wearing it right now has become almost inevitable if you already weren’t a fan. It’s the classic that keeps on returning season after season, alternating it’s form from chic to punk, from glamorous to cozy.
The late author Jackie Collins stated that her biggest weakness was wearing too much leopard print at once but when you take a look at this edit you’ll wonder if that’s even possible. Personal stylist and shopper Jenni of I on Image has hand-picked you the best leopard prints that are those fabulous go-to pieces that you will keep on returning to.
Leopard Print Edit For Autumn
- Tommy Hilfiger V-neck sweater. I love the ecletic mix of cosy, preppy and punk in here. Wear it with denim, a chic pencil skirt or a playful pleated skirt. Your shoe of choice will define the look.
- Fabienne Chapot maxi dress. This is such a demure frock with it’s long sleeves, thin belt and a buttoned up collar, but the leopard print makes it suddenly so naughty. Well, who doesn’t love a woman with many sides? Hardly anyone of us fits in a narrow box anyway. Wear buttoned up in the day time and button down big time after dark.
- Scotch & Soda fake fur jacket. As we all know fake fur is the only way to go and this season it is a must-have in every stylish wardrobe. Wear with denim, clashing prints, leather, silk, tweed…
- Scotch & Soda scarf. This adds a hint of cheetah in your wardrobe in case you are too shy to go full-on. A big scarf is on top of every travel essentials lists for it’s versatility. I always fly wrapped up in a scarf. It’s a life saver for speedy outfit transformations on the go. Time to sign up for Pinterest scarf tutorials!
- EIJK Amsterdam ankle boots. Perfect chic ankle boots with a walkable heel to lift up any outfit from blah to bravo. Make a statement with every step you take!
- Levi’s T-shirt. Writer Caitlin Moran once said that “Leopard print is a neutral” and this T-shirt rests my case on that statement. Wear with classic tailoring or denim for the day and with layers of tulle for the happy hour. Shop similar here.
- Minna Parikka penny loafers with bunny ears. A classic shoe with something unexpected is a versatile wardrobe staple. Goes with everything that would look otherwise too serious.
- Liu Jo pleated midi-skirt. These thin black pleats reveal a hint of cheetah when you move. Wear with a pussy-bow blouse or a cashmere sweater for the day and with lace and leather for an epic night out.
STOCKISTS AND PHOTO CREDITS: De Bijenkorf
How To Wear Leopard Print?
- Mix and match it creatively with stripes, checks and flower prints. If the look seems a bit “off” it’s probably just right.
- Tomboy looks love a dash (or even a big splash) of cheetah. Khaki and army green combine really well with leopard print for a casual everyday look.
- For an extremely glamorous look combine your leopard print with white items and chunky gold jewellery.
- Spice up your trusted jeans and a sweater combo with a striking item in a leopard print. Think: coat, shoes, bag –or perhaps all of them.
- Keep the overall look sleek rather than saucy. Avoid anything too tight and too short.
- Channel your inner feline by wearing a smokey cat-eye. Keep the lips neutral and the hair simple.
- Don’t hold yourself back: Learn to wear animal prints in a creative way