How To Look Stylish When Working From Home
Learn how to look stylish when working from home with the help of your image consultant, personal stylist and workwear expert Jenni of I on Image. Style is a powerful way to make a great first impression, also online. In a world of so much uncertainty, it’s a reassuring thought that we have a full control of our personal image.
My job is to help you discover your own unique style that you can enjoy for years to come. You individual style tells your story and looks 100% like you.
I have always been fascinated by fashion history because over the centuries our style has been a powerful way of self-expression. Our style affects our mood and shows everyone who we are.
The pandemic formed the way we work and I see most people still working from home at least a couple of days a week. It has become the new normal. We still meet new people and make new connections, it’s just now moved online, perhaps for good.
Advantages Of Having Great WFH Style
- It’s a massive boost to your confidence. Never over-look this fact when choosing what to wear
- You will gain a clearer self-image and better self-knowledge. Future style choices will become easier to you over time
- It helps you to learn to appreciate your worth and to communicate it to others
- You will always make a great 1st impression and get better opportunities in life
- It helps you to find your inner peace in turbulent times.
- You take pride in being your best self every single day
Look Stylish When Working From Home
- Simplify your wardrobe down to what is truly relevant to you right now. Utilize my FREE Wardrobe Editing Guide
- Focus on pieces that increase your confidence, give you energy and grit
- Finding your own color palette helps you look stunning on video
- Wear every day something beautiful, even if it’s just a necklace or a scarf in your signature color
- Think dressing from waist up. Now it’s perfectly acceptable to wear leggings to work, just combine with a nice top or a sharp jacket
- Work on finding the right fit and material. Don’t sacrifice comfort or quality, you need it now more than ever
- Invest in a comfortable, yet elegant wardrobe of chic feel-good fashion that helps you to find your inner peace throughout the day
- Choose an effortless makeup and hair look that will help you to be at your best every single day
Stylish Dressing From Waist Up Ideas
These style ideas will help you look amazing on Zoom.
- Statement tops, sweaters, cardigans and jackets
- All details on your top half, such as collars, ruffles, embellishments and statement buttons
- Sparkly earrings, necklaces and brooches
- Power colors and statement prints
- Elevated loungewear worn together with workwear
- Scarves, shawls, ponchos and wraps
Get more workwear inspiration and business fashion advice in blog:
- The Best Online Fashion Shops For Busy Business Women
- Powerful And Personal Job Interview Style Advice For You
- The Best Business Casual Fashion Brands For All Sizes
- Back To Work Style Tips
- The Best Navy Work Dresses
Stay Stylish When Working From Home
Hope my tips on how to look stylish when working from home will help you make better style choices this year. Remember that this is up to you and you are the boss of your personal style!
Go shopping with a Personal Stylist! Read more about my personal shopping services in Amsterdam or shop with me online! Hiring a professional Personal Shopper is such a time and money saver + It’s a lot of fun, I promise!
Share your best working from home style tips in comments and help others look as good as you.
Stay stylish and keep on slaying at work!
30 thoughts on “How To Look Stylish When Working From Home”
Happy to hear that Simona! Dressing up really helps me too xx
Dressing up for wfh definitely helps boost my mood and productivity!
Thank you so much Charity! I agree that looking polished and professional sets the tone for the day and helps you stay more focused throughout the day. Enjoy the new week xx
That’s a very good tip Isa! That way you don’t have to sit glued down to your chair the whole meeting 😀 And yes WFh is here to stay, with or without Corona. Enjoy the new week xx
The best tip? Look at yourself in the big vertical mirror for wfh look. If u feel satisfied then hit the zoom 🙂
Felt like a comfortable post to read. Although now this wfh will be the only fashion thing to take over the internet for some time it seems. Xx
Isa A. Blogger
I always love to look stylish when working from home too! I feel like I am more productive that way!
Sounds really nice Karalee! Keep up the good work xx
These are great tips! I started taking Danish classes through Zoom & lately I’ve been wearing sweaters since it has been a bit cold but I don’t want to be wearing pajamas haha. When it gets warmer I’ll definitely be pulling out my nicer shirts with fun designs & details.
Thank you so much for commenting Jill xx
Yes me too Molly! Happy to hear that you found my post helpful xx
Thank you so much Betsy! Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed reading my blog xx
Thank you so much Kelley! Lovely to have you here xx
Thank you so much for reading my blog Mollie!
Love these ideas!
So many great tips! I’m def going to try some of these. Thanks for sharing!
Love all these ideas!!
Working from home I still want to feel ready for the day! Great ideas and comments!
Love this post! Such great info!
Thank you I did Lauren! And now we heard that kids are going back to school next week, yay 🙂
Sounds busy. But better to be busy than not I guess. I hope you had a great weekend.
Thank you I am well. Lockdown is boring but we are all healthy. Homeschooling makes sure I don’t have time to be miserable 😀 I end up working late after the kids go to bed so that’s my evenings sorted as well. Today I won’t work late though because it’s Friday!
Definitely helps! I hope you are well x
That’s fantastic to hear Lauren! The temptation to stay in PJs all day is so big but it’s better to keep yourself focused -at least during the week 🙂 xx
Good for you Kelly Diane! I am so happy that you have found a WFH style that gives you direction and purpose xx
This are some great tips. I definitely try to make an effort to look stylish even though I’m at home because it really motivates me.
These are some great suggestions. I have been making a point of getting up and dressed every day. Thank you for sharing.
I love your style philosophy Quinn! It’s those well-made little details that make the look xx
Some lovely ideas and tips here hun! I must admit, I do love something that looks super classy from the outside but you know the true comfort of it all! The material might have a magical stretchy quality to it, a hidden elastic waistband or pairing anything with tights as they’re so comfortable and hide a multitude of sins haha!
Hahaha, I know it’s tempting! I also prefer to keep the temperature down most of the day. My brain functions better when it’s not too hot. Glad to hear you that my blog resonates with you Claire xx
Wait … What?? I shouldn’t wear a dressing gown on my zoom calls?? I am only a little bit joking. Mainly because my house is freezing so we wrap up rather than having the heating on all day.
I have to say though, I get dressed every day. I find it really gives me a boost in confidence but also productivity x