DISCLAIMER: I am using affiliate links in my blog and may earn a commission from your purchases. However, all my style recommendations are genuine and based on my personal style preferences. I want to offer you a beautiful fashion experience every time your visit this blog. Thank you so much for supporting I on Image!
How To Store Your Clothes Right?
Learn how to store your clothes right with the best wardrobe styling and closet organizing tips. Get the most out of your closet space -and the best out of your personal style!
Imagine a closet full of “good friends” like my lovely client Susanne put it!
How To Get Started?
- Don’t jam your closet too full. Allow some breathing space between the clothes. Ideally you will see everything that you have on one glimpse.
- Use space saving hangers. I like thin wire hangers for tops and blouses. Large clumsy wood hangers are best used for coats, evening gowns and suits only.
- Use velvet hangers for items that fall off easily. They help to keep knitwear and items that stretch in shape. I like to pile my strappy tops on one for easy access.
- Organize your wardrobe per theme. There is no right or wrong answer. You can choose to arrange your clothes according to color or item type.
- Hang complete outfits ready to go. This is a nice Sunday evening ritual and it will save you so much time in the morning. It’s definitely worth the effort!
- Store your shoes in boxes. I stuff mine with tissue paper so they stay nicely in shape during storage. Always wipe the soles clean and buff the shoes clean before packing them away.
- Store your handbags in their dust bags. Stuff them with tissue paper to keep their original shape. Or get your monogrammed Bagpad – it’s a luxurious pillow that’s designed to keep your designer bags in shape. I got mine as a PR gift and I am in love!
How Did We Get This Far?
It’s great to know how to store your clothes right but how did we get this far with our wardrobe organization? Read also two previous parts of my wardrobe editing guide:
- PLAN – How To Plan The Perfect Wardrobe?
- PREP – Prepare Your Closet For The New Season
- STORE – You are here!
Shop Your Closet – Your FREE Style Guide
Closet clean-out like a pro, have a style detox, shop your closet and discover new combinations with the items you already own. You will always know you what to wear and you can fully concentrate on what matters the most to you.
14 thoughts on “How To Store Your Clothes Right?”
Thank you for commenting Claire! Great to hear that you found my post inspiring. Happy closet cleanout xx
those are really good points, I’ll definitely use some of them when doing a closet clean up 😉 thank you!
You are very welcome Lauren! I am so happy to hear that you found my post helpful xx
Here’s your chance to make the process easier for you. Have fun and let me know how it went Rachel xx
My wardrobe is jammed. I need a clear-out! 😀
These are some really great suggestions on how best to store your clothes. I do not have too many clothes at the moment but when I am at my goal weight I can’t wait to buy more clothes. Thank you for sharing your suggestions Jenni.
These are great tips. I try to look after my clothes when it comes to storing them so that they will last longer.
This was a fab post to read to be honest. Your tips are useful and I found some tips that I had never considered before now. I will be putting the tips I learnt here as soon as possible. Thanks for sharing.
Oh good job Jordanne! I am delighted to hear that you are making such a good progress. Isn’t it just so rewarding to have everything neat and organized? Keep up the good work xx
I know the feeling Fadima! Some parts of my wardrobe could definitely profit from my own tips… Ooops! I am sure that this closet detox guide will hep you get a good routine going. Let me know how it works out xx
I am delighted to hear that you had a successful closet cleanout! It’s a huge job but afterwards so rewarding. Keep it up Lisa xx
Your post couldn’t have cane at a better time! Honestly, this is perfect. We are in the midst of a clear out and this week is wardrobe week haha. I’ve gotten new hangers and some storage boxes ready to go for my built in wardrobe. Definitely going to hand outfits as one and make sure I keep my shoes in boxes, I do that with my bags so now to do it with shoes.
Interesting knowledge. Looks like I need to organise my wardrobe after this. My wardrobe doesn’t have breathing space now. Hehehe. Thank you for sharing.
I’ve literally just had a wardrobe unhaul because my clothes were jammed in so tightly I couldn’t get anything else in! Now there’s much more room and I’ve organised by colour, which makes life so much easier. Fab tips, Jenni, thank you! x