DISCLAIMER: I am using affiliate links in my blog and may earn a commission from your purchases. However, all my style recommendations are genuine and based on my personal style preferences. I want to offer you a beautiful fashion experience every time your visit this blog. Thank you so much for supporting I on Image!
Prepare Your Closet For The New Season
Prepare your closet for the new season with the best wardrobe organizing tips. Manage your wardrobe like a pro + Get MORE out of your style!
When a new season is beginning it is the ideal time to have a proper closet clean out. I advice to do it BEFORE buying anything new. Typically I would recommend doing a thorough closet detox at least two times a year. Once you have the wardrobe styling routine under control, you can challenge yourself to do it four times a year.
I recognize the temptation to just keep on clicking fabulous new items into your basket. But once they arrive you’ll be short of space and kind of add to the existing chaos. So let’s NOT do that!
Taking control of your wardrobe is good for your own clarity and time management, but the planet will thank you too. You will also be delighted to see how much money you have saved in the process!Jenni @ I on Image in “Shop Your Closet“
Follow easy these steps and enjoy a well curated wardrobe that works for YOU (and not the other way around). After all, style should be a joy and not a burden. I want you to enjoy dressing up every day!
How To Get Started?
- Make some space in your closet. Purge items that are in bad condition, don’t fit or you no longer want to wear for reason or another.
- READ ALSO: How to plan the perfect wardrobe?
- Learn to let go of items that you no longer love or no longer work for you. This is a process, I know. We hold on to clothes for various reasons and it’s hard to let go, but imagine if you kept everything.
- Pack away seasonal items: There’s no need to have winter parkas stored next to your beachwear.
- Keep only what really works for you: You deserve to look good every single day. There’s no reason for keeping clothes that make you feel meh or don’t fit right. Consider creating a capsule wardrobe!
- Rethink your wardrobe: Repair, renew and repurpose. Make friends with a tailor and seek fresh style inspiration from Pinterest or Instagram.
- Take good care of your items: Wash them right, dry them right and store them neatly.
- READ ALSO: How to upgrade your wardrobe in a sustainable way?
- Recycle your old or unwanted clothes. Donate to a charity, sell in a consignment store or 2nd hand website (such as The Next Closet) or swap them with a friend. Never blindly bin an item, Mother Earth doesn’t want your rejects!
Shop Your Closet With I on Image
Closet clean-out like a pro, have a style detox, shop your closet. Discover new combinations with the items you already own.
You will always know you what to wear and you can fully concentrate on what matters the most to you.
Grab my FREE Style Guide: Shop Your Closet Like A Stylist