Improve Your Personal Image From Home
This post will help you to improve your personal image and style from the comfort of your own home. Profit from easy and affordable image consulting tips + FREE online resources.
Are you too stuck at home? I am and so is everyone else who I know, pretty much from March 2020. Even the people who still have to show up have all their personal events and gatherings canceled.
If binging on Netflix and comfort eating is starting to slowly bore you, then you could work on some self-development to keep busy.
In this blog post I have collected ideas to make the best use of your time at home. You can always work on your image and personal brand while waiting for better times.
They will come, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now. I am always here rooting for you and helping you to succeed!
5 Ways To Improve Your Personal Image Without Leaving The House
1. Work On Your Communication Skills
Now that so many people are working remotely, good communication skills are more crucial than ever before. You want to communicate efficiently and to remain as authentic as possible.
Everyone is juggling a lot of things at the same time (hello, homeschoolers and parents of toddlers) so it’s in everyone’s best interest to get the job done as agile as possible.
This is the time to stand tall and deliver. Those who are working their way towards leadership positions have now the perfect opportunity to show what they are made of.
Everyone has a lot to learn about this new situation and we need to show a lot of compassion to one another. Good communication skills go a long way.
- Improve your communication skills with these simple image consulting tips
- Work on your listening skills with I on Image’s guest blogger Niina Nuottamo
2. Polish Your Appearance
Several studies have shown that your personal style is a huge part of your image. And your image has a big impact on your success in life.
Consider your style your visual resume. Don’t underestimate the power of your personal style and start investing in it now. This doesn’t necessarily mean buying a lot of expensive clothes.
Money doesn’t bring you style or authenticity. Legendary Coco Chanel was dirt-poor but still grew to be the biggest authority in what we consider stylish to this day.
So with very little investment you too can look amazing and express yourself with your style. Main thing is to remain authentic and stop chasing trends -unless it has your name on it!
Start with the items you already own and plan your purchases carefully. See also point 5 for more stylish ideas to do from home.
- Work on your apperance with these image consulting and personal styling tips
- Get your business style ready for going back to the office
- Work on your job interview attire
- Shop the best business casual fashion brands online
3. Work On Your Online Presence
Your online presence plays a key role during this crisis. We are working more and more online. Despite the advice to stay home our social life and networking is still going strong. It has just moved online.
During these difficult times it’s comforting to come together as a community and to stay connected. What you do online tells a lot about you as a person.
People will notice what you do. They will remember who showed up and how. Being silent is also an option -and a really good one. But it doesn’t demonstrate leadership or show that you are a team player.
How To Be Stellar Online Right Now
STOP RIGHT THERE
- Spreading hysteria, hoaxes and fake news
- Being judgemental, hateful, discriminating, sexist or racist
- Disrespecting the privacy of others
- Using the crisis as an excuse to spam, exhaust or stalk your connections with unsolicited messages and comments (business or private)
- Supporting celebrities, politicians and public figures who are doing anything mentioned above
DO THIS INSTEAD
- Be compassionate. We never know what others are going through.
- Share factual, accurate, positive and encouraging stories
- Write from your heart and show originality
- Be fun and make people smile or laugh
- Support celebrities, politicians and public figures who are doing anything mentioned above
- Help others without risking your own health and mental well-being.
***Remember that it’s also OK not to help. Your most important task is to stay home and practice social distancing***
- Improve your digital presence on the spot with these image consulting tips
- Build your personal brand on LinkedIn with Petra Fisher of Petra Fisher Consulting
- Get more out of your career with Angela Fusaro of Every Mother Knows
- Start a whole new career with these tips from Dorota Klop-Sowinska of DoSo! Coaching
4. Learn To Make A Great First Impression
We won’t be meeting many new people right now but people will still form a first impression of you online. Nowadays most first impressions are already made on social media.
This crisis is ensuring that your social interactions online will give a first impression of you to more people than before. So make sure it’s a pleasant one!
Now it’s an ideal time to practice for future face-to-face situations with my guide. You can also think what kind of first impression you are giving online right now.
The snap-judgements about us in real life are made in just 7 seconds. Online this time is even shorter. Use this information for your advantage and scrutinize your behavior and you social media profiles according to point 3. instructions.
Follow I on Image’s guide on how to make a great first impression and take a head start to the new situation after the Covid-crisis is over.
5. Shop Your Closet
Now it’s not the time to hang out in shops because we have been asked to practice social distancing. Also many shops have closed in order to protect their staff.
But what if you still crave for a spring style update? Your wardrobe is probably the safest place full of treasures just waiting to be rediscovered. Why not shop in there?
New season is the best excuse to update your style. A tidy and well organizer wardrobe will give you joy. The process will help you to take your mind off gloomy news for a while.
Follow I on Image’s wardrobe editing guide and make the most of the items you already have. Have fun and don’t be afraid to give up items that you are no longer using.
IMPORTANT: For hygiene reasons don’t re-sell or swap any items right now. This will be the only time that I recommend staying away from pre-loved fashion. It’s time will come again when this is all over.
Your FREE Image Consulting Resources
- Stylish News from I on Image – Get monthly image & style tips, news and inspiration straight to your inbox in the beginning of every month. This publication is GDPR proof.
- Dedicated boards full of inspiration for you to save on I on Image’s Pinterest
- More inspiration, useful articles and latest news on various social media channels. Scroll down to those little buttons and connect on your preferred platform
- Learn more about image and style in this blog. It’s all for FREE and accessible every single day. SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG BELOW
Hope you found this summary post helpful! Share your best FREE online image, style and personal branding resources in blog comments and help others elevate their personal image during these crazy times.
Read also my 5 point quarantine checklist that helps you to stay sane during these turbulent times. Say no to productivity, be lazy, take shortcuts, practice self-care and -above all- stay SAFE & healthy!
Share this post with a friend or a colleague who could use a boost of self-confidence and sense of purpose right now.
We are in this together!