Get More Out Of Your Career – An Interview With Angela Fusaro
Exclusive interview: Get MORE out of your career with Amsterdam-based coach Angela Fusaro of Every Mother Knows. These expert tips will help you to give your career a BIG boost and to broaden your horizons at work. Read along and profit from her wisdom.
Company name: Every Mother Knows
Expertise: Career Coaching, Psychology, Recruitment, Diversity & Inclusion (later referred to as D&I)
Background: I have a background in Psychology and several years of experience in HR. I worked with multinational companies, non-for profit organisations and
start-ups, focusing on both the Dutch and international market.
Passionate about career coaching because: It empowers people to take control of their careers and provides practical insights and tools to thrive at work and in life.
Best career advice that I ever got: More than actual ‘advice’ what has helped me the most was seeing some role models out there and getting inspired by their actions and stories – including their failures.
That made me realize that if someone else is doing it, why not me? I can also do it. It’s a great confidence boost and call to action.
Q&A With Angela Fusaro Of Every Mother Knows
1. What Type Of Services Do You Provide?
- Back-to-work programs for mums who want to re-enter the job market after a career break. For example I help them refresh their resumes, craft cover letters, preparing for job interviews so they can land their next job with confidence and ease
- Career development coaching for working mums who want to make a change in their careers – discover a new path, find a better work-life balance or grow in their current function
- Maternity coaching for pregnant employees and new mothers at the workplace to support the transition before, during and after maternity leave.
- And some inspiring events, seminars and workshops on motherhood, parenting and career.
2. Who Could Benefit From Your Expertise?
Mothers who want to re-enter the job market after a career break. And also managers, HR and D&I professionals who seek advice and tools to support their employees.
3. What Role Image Plays In A Successful Career?
A very important one. It creates a first impression and sends out a message about ourselves – whether we want it or not. Image also plays an important role in how we feel about ourselves.
I think it’s amazing to see how a certain haircut or outfit can instantly change our mood for the day and how others and the outside world might respond to that.
Now imagine the potential of using your image to actively influence how you want to feel and the outcomes or goals you want to achieve in your career, during a job interview or a business meeting for example – that’s a huge one.
4. Personal style is a visual representation of your personal brand. How can one use this knowledge to their advantage at work?
Be intentional in your style choices and use it to your advantage with a clear goal in mind. Do you want to feel and look more confident in your next interview? Wear something that can help you with that.
Of course make sure that you stay true to yourself and in tune with the company’s culture. It’s always good to do your research about the company beforehand.
Get More Career Advice In I on Image’s Blog Archives:
- Learn how to build your personal brand on LinkedIn
- 5 Ways To Build Your Personal Brand On Twitter
- How To Start A New Career?
5. Do You Still Need A Personal Brand In This Day And Age?
I believe that presenting yourself to the outside world, through your image and style, resume, LinkedIn and your own story is a key element to grow in your career.
It’s not only about the message you want to send out to the
world, it’s also about the stories you are telling yourself – about who you are, where you come from, your skills, experience and what you want to do next.
So my answer to the question is yes, definitely!
6. How To Improve Your Resume?
- Connect to your goals. What is your target? Who are you writing it for? What are the roles that interest you? Industries etc.? Use a style, tone of voice and keywords that speak to all of that.
- Highlight your achievements and power your stories with relevant numbers and figures – don’t be shy. You worked hard for it and you owe it to yourself.
- Make it personal – While specific skills and expertise are central in any application process, companies also want to know more about who you are, how you get the work done so tell something about you which sparks interest and make them curious to invite you for a first chat.
You’ve got this!
Learn More & Connect With Angela
- Read my interview on EMK Working Mum’s Blog
- Like Every Mother Knows on Facebook
- Follow Every Mother Knows on LinkedIn
- Visit Every Mother Knows website for more!
Angela Fusaro runs Every Mother Knows and is a proud mum of two little Amsterdammers.
She loves a strong espresso, the seaside and taking a little break on a yoga mat.
Thank you very much for the interview Angela! I am sure that many of my readers will profit from your career expertise.
This post was originally published on 27th January 2020 and updated on 18th March 2023.
12 thoughts on “Get More Out Of Your Career”
Angela’s advice is always spot on! Glad you enjoyed reading this interview.
You are welcome Madi! I love Angela’s work and admire her a lot. She is also a really nice person and lovely to work with. I spoke at one of her events and been in contact ever since. Stay tuned for more collabs 🙂
Love what you said about career advice, watching the successes and failures of others and learning from that.
Beyond the wonderful tips in this post – the concept of what she does is amazing!! I wish more moms had access to the guidance of that kind. I think so many of us women need that sort of help after becoming moms when our worlds and our perspective goes through the shift. So happy to know it is out there. thank you for sharing this Jenni.
I am so happy that this was a helpful post to you! Role models are so important. I encourage my clients to get a sponsor -and a mentor. These people are not only great role models but they will also help you advance your career. Look into it xx
So much good info here! I definitely agree that watching someone that inspires you really changes the game.
I am so happy for you Lisa! Keep up the good work celebrating your achievements. I will celebrate with you xx
Celebrating my achievements is something I’ve been trying hard to do more of recently as I worry about coming across as big-headed. But the response has been very encouraging, so I do think it’s good advice. Very interesting post, Jenni, thank you for sharing this 🙂
Thank you Sophie! Yes Angela is amazing. I spoke at one of her events and been in touch ever since. Stay tuned for more collabs xx
So happy you enjoyed reading this Lauren!
Great advice, and I totally agree with her about how you can use your style to project how you want to come across . I think her company sounds incredible too, such a valuable service x
I found this so interesting to read and very motivating! Thank you for sharing!