Dress Your Shape: HOURGLASS
Dress your beautiful hourglass body shape with image consultant Jenni at I on Image. Get personal style advice for YOUR shape and start looking your best every day.
Find out what suits your shape and learn how to look amazing every single day. Say goodbye to wrong clothes and start wearing what suits YOU.
Do you have one or more of the following body features?
- Balanced bust vs. hips ratio
- Clearly defined waistline
- Feminine silhouette
- Great legs
-> YES THAT’S ME, keep on reading further for style advice
Hourglass Power Features
- Curves – Your classic feminine curves deserve a spotlight
- Legs – Don’t be shy to show them!
- Smile – This is undeniably your most attractive asset
Accentuate these body features by dressing right. Style tips for dressing your hourglass body shape will follow in the next chapter. Remember that your smile is always your best accessory!
Best Styles For HOURGLASS
- Wrapped styles. I love classic Diane Von Furstenberg-style printed wrap dresses and sexy 50’s-style wrap blouses so much. They create a beautiful curve and help you look your best without even trying.
- Belted styles. A good belt will add definition to any outfit when you wish to accentuate your waistline. If leather belts feel too stiff try a fabric belt or my favorite: an elastic belt, which feels super comfy but your still get the style!
- Tailored and fitted styles. It goes without saying that hiding a beautiful figure under masses of fabric is just not flattering and wide styles will often look too baggy on a feminine hourglass figure. Opt for fitted styles instead.
- Boot cut or skinny trousers and jeans, fitted capris. These classic trouser styles look amazing on a balanced figure. Avoid baggy styles and large volumes of fabric.
- High-waisted trousers and skirts, especially pencil skirts. These styles accentuate your waist and create a flattering feminine figure.
More Body Shape Guides
READ ALSO: Discover Your Body Shape
Remember that these are just very rough style guidelines and the majority of people fall in multiple categories.
You might notice that your shape is actually a combination of two or more shapes. Your shape might also change when you gain or lose weight. That is all perfectly normal and you shouldn’t put yourself in a narrow box too fast.
You are also allowed to be a style rebel and wear what ever you want. I am here to give you ideas to get MORE out of your style, not to narrow your options down. Have fun with your style and love fashion like I do!
I believe that every body is beautiful!
DISCLAIMER: This article appeared originally in I on Image’s blog on 13th June 2018 and was edited on 19th May 2020 with new photos and links.