Dress Your Shape: RECTANGLE
Dress your beautiful rectangle body shape with image consultant Jenni at I on Image. Get personal style advice for YOUR shape and start looking your best every day.
Find out what suits your shape and learn how to look amazing every single day. Say goodbye to wrong clothes and start wearing what suits YOU.
Do you have one or more of the following body features?
- Balanced bust vs. hips ratio
- Long and lean silhouette
- Elegant neck
- Straight waistline
-> YES THAT’S ME, keep on reading further for style advice
Rectangle Power Features
- Shoulders – Sharp and sporty style feature
- Legs – Don’t be shy to sow them!
- Smile – This is undeniably your most attractive asset
Accentuate these body features by dressing right. Style tips for dressing your rectangle body shape will follow in the next chapter. Remember that your smile is always your best accessory!
Best Styles For RECTANGLE
- Belted styles for creating an illusion of a waistline and curves.
- Wide necklines such as U, V, boat and scoop. Also off-the-shoulder styles work for this shape really well.
- Embellishments, ruffles, pockets and details that add volume.
- Flared or boot cut trousers and jeans
- Full, pleated, tulip or bubble skirts. Also ruffled styles and pockets for added volume.
More Body Shape Guides
READ ALSO: Discover Your Body Shape
Remember that these are just very rough style guidelines and the majority of people fall in multiple categories.
You might notice that your shape is actually a combination of two or more shapes. Your shape might also change when you gain or lose weight. That is all perfectly normal and you shouldn’t put yourself in a narrow box too fast.
You are also allowed to be a style rebel and wear what ever you want. I am here to give you ideas to get MORE out of your style, not to narrow your options down. Have fun with your style and love fashion like I do!
I believe that every body is beautiful!
DISCLAIMER: This article appeared originally in I on Image’s blog on 13th June 2018 and was edited on 19th May 2020 with new photos and links.