Dress Your Shape: RECTANGLE
Learn to dress your beautiful rectangle body shape with image consultant Jenni at I on Image. Get personal style advice for YOUR shape and start looking your best every day.
Find out what suits your shape and learn how to look amazing every single day. Say goodbye to wrong clothes and start wearing what suits YOU.
Do you have one or more of the following body features?
- Balanced bust vs. hips ratio
- Long and lean silhouette
- Elegant neck
- Straight waistline
-> YES THAT’S ME, keep on reading further for style advice
Rectangle Power Features
- Shoulders – Sharp and sporty style feature
- Legs – Don’t be shy to sow them!
- Smile – This is undeniably your most attractive asset
Accentuate these body features by dressing right. Style tips for dressing your rectangle body shape will follow in the next chapter. Remember that your smile is always your best accessory!
Best Styles For RECTANGLE
- Belted styles. Create an illusion of a waistline and curves by adding vertical lines on the right spots. Cinching in wide sweaters, knitted dresses or oversized blouses look amazing on this sporty shape.
- Wide necklines. Show some skin with a variety of necklines, such as U, V, boat and scoop. Also off-the-shoulder styles work for rectangle body shape really well. Avoid anything that will make your shoulders look more defined, such as epaulettes or shoulder pads.
- Rich details. Go for embellishments, ruffles, pockets and all details that add depth to your look. You can pull them all off and still look effortlessly cool.
- Flared or boot cut trousers and jeans. Again it’s all about adding volume and creating curve. You can also wear all trendy embellished and distressed denim styles that would look too much on other shapes.
- Full, pleated, tulip or bubble skirts. Ruffled skirt styles work really well on rectangular body shape. Pockets and other interesting details help you to add volume and curve to your shape.
Not your shape? Explore other Body Shape Guides by I on Image
READ ALSO: Discover Your Body Shape
Remember that these are just very rough style guidelines and the majority of people fall in multiple categories.
You might notice that your shape is actually a combination of two or more shapes. Your shape might also change when you gain or lose weight. That is all perfectly normal and you shouldn’t put yourself in a narrow box too fast.
You are also allowed to be a style rebel and wear what ever you want. I am here to give you ideas to get MORE out of your style, not to narrow your options down. Have fun with your style and love fashion like I do!
This article appeared originally in I on Image’s blog on 13th June 2018 and was edited on 15th February 2023.
I believe that every body is beautiful!Jenni @ I on Image