Dress Your Shape: PEAR
Learn to dress your beautiful pear body shape with image consultant Jenni at I on Image. Get personal style advice for YOUR shape and start looking your best every day.
Find out what suits your shape and learn how to look amazing every single day. Say goodbye to wrong clothes and start wearing what suits YOU.
Do you have one or more of the following body features?
- Narrow shoulders vs. wide hips
- Elegant neck
- Defined waistline
- Curvy thighs
-> YES THAT’S ME, keep on reading further for style advice
Pear Power Features
- Waist – Classic feminine curves
- Neck – Elegant beauty feature
- Smile – This is undeniably your most attractive asset
Accentuate these body features by dressing right. Style tips for dressing your pear body shape will follow in the next chapter. Remember that your smile is always your best accessory!
Best Styles For PEAR
- Wide necklines. Show some skin with a variety of necklines, such as U, V, boat and scoop. Your collarbones often look amazing so don’t hide them unnecessarily.
- Fitted waistlines. It goes without saying that hiding a beautiful figure under masses of fabric is just not flattering and wide styles will often look too baggy on a feminine pear figure.
- Statement sleeves. Wide, gathered or puff sleeves are all great styles for creating volume on your upper body. You can also pull off the on-trend ruffled sleeves.
- Rich details around shoulders and décolleté. Interesting details around the top half of your body, such as pockets, embellishments and ruffles. They all help to bring attention to your top half.
- Straight or bot cut trousers and jeans. These timeless styles are ideal for balancing out your full hips. A higher waistline will sit neater on your pear body shape. Avoid too low waistlines as they will only draw attention to your hip area.
- Full skirts. Go for voluminous A-line or pleated skirts that gently contour your hip area. You might find it hard to find a well fitted pencil skirt because of your waist-hip ratio. Longer hemlines, such as on-trend midi skirts, will help you get off the volume around your hips.
Not your shape? Explore other Body Shape Guides by I on Image
READ ALSO: Discover Your Body Shape
Remember that these are just very rough style guidelines and the majority of people fall in multiple categories.
You might notice that your shape is actually a combination of two or more shapes. Your shape might also change when you gain or lose weight. That is all perfectly normal and you shouldn’t put yourself in a narrow box too fast.
You are also allowed to be a style rebel and wear what ever you want. I am here to give you ideas to get MORE out of your style, not to narrow your options down. Have fun with your style and love fashion like I do!
This article appeared originally in I on Image’s blog on 13th June 2018 and was edited on 15th February 2023.
I believe that every body is beautiful!Jenni @ I on Image