DISCLAIMER: I am using affiliate links in my blog and may earn a commission from your purchases. However, all my style recommendations are genuine and based on my personal style preferences. I want to offer you a beautiful fashion experience every time your visit this blog. Thank you so much for supporting I on Image!
Wonderful Winter Style Inspiration For You
Here is a collection of wonderful winter style inspiration to keep you looking great in the cold weather. Stay warm and stylish all winter long + Play FREE This or That -style game.
Winter Edit of This or That -Style Game
To give your winter style some serious panache, I created a winter edition of the popular This or That -style game. You might remember the rules from the previous editions already. I am listing them here so you can go and look back (or reuse) at some great style moments:
As your personal stylist I want to encourage you to experiment with your style so you can find the items, shapes and colors that suit you the best. Have fun and take some fashion risks. Don’t hesitate to invite your friends to do the same. This game is a perfect way to start!
How To Play This or That -Style Game?
- You need a pen and paper to write down your choices.
- This game can be played literally anywhere.
- Play this game alone or with a friend.
- Choose an option from the left or right column and write your preferences down.
- Once you have gone through all the options, you’ll have a complete look to wear.
- Play the game soon again. Your style preferences can change from day to day.
Winter Style Inspiration By I On Image
1. Layers are the key to staying warm. Get warm long sleeved undershirts and leggings to keep you nice and toasty. I love thin merino wool tops, sensual bodysuits and soft polo necks.
2. There is no point freezing your greatest asset, your brains, when there are so many amazing options to choose from. Get a stylish hat or a headband that suits your style and face. Finish off your winter look with a matching scarf and gloves.
3. Invest in quality knitwear and learn to take good care of them. Consider buying vintage because the quality of knitwear used to be better back in the day. Some of the pieces might last a lifetime, which is a promise the current high street is too often unable to make.
4. Get high quality winter boots that keep you warm and grounded. Pay attention to the sole material and choose a warm lining. If it’s snowing or very icy out there, you might want to consider leaving your heels at home. Broken or twisted ankles only hinder your success unnecessarily.
5. Swap your sheer tights to thicker deniers, such as 60d or even 100d. Consider styles made of lush merino wool or cashmere mix. There are also plenty of thermo leggings that look fabulous under dresses.
TOP TIP: Remember to take notes of your best looks so that you can repeat them when needed. This will make your mornings so much easier. It’s like having your own daily style cheat sheet!
7 Best Winter Materials
- Wool: Merino, cashmere, silk wool and technical wool fleece
- Classic heritage fabrics such as tweed and plaid
- Chanel-style chic bouclé
- Velvet and velour
- (Faux) fur, especially in jackets
- (Eco) shearling also as a shoe or glove lining
- Quilted and puffed styles for outerwear
My Personal Styling & Shopping Advice For You
Ask for style advice in the comments section of this post. I’d love to answer your questions and to help you get better style with less effort. This will cost you nothing!
Don’t forget that if your budget doesn’t stretch to a personal shopper right now, you can always shop my style on LIKEtoKNOW.it shopping app.
This is an affiliate program and I may earn a commission from your purchases. There is no extra cost involved for you and all my recommendations are based on my personal fashion preferences. Thank you for supporting I on Image!
Wanna go shopping with a Personal Stylist? Read more about my personal shopping services in Amsterdam or shop with me online! Hiring a professional Personal Shopper is such a time and money saver + It’s a lot of fun, I promise!
Please share your best kept winter style secrets in comments. I am curious to hear how you manage to stay so chic in sub zero temperatures.
This post was originally published on 6th January 2020 and updated on 21st September 2021 with fabulous new items for you to shop!
Stay warm and stylish all winter long with I on Image!