DISCLAIMER: I am using affiliate links in my blog and may earn a commission from your purchases. However, all my style recommendations are genuine and based on my personal style preferences. I want to offer you a beautiful fashion experience every time your visit this blog. Thank you so much for supporting I on Image!
Here comes my February 2018 fashion edit for Monique Magazine. It’s a celebration of love in powdery hues of pastel pinks and romantic universally flattering pearls. With this special edit we also celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Our February fashion story is dedicated to love. There is of course Valentine’s Day on 14th February but in these modern days you are allowed to have your own interpretation of what love really means to you.
Whether your love is the traditional “you & me forever”-scenario, or you are embracing your secret romance with a lovely lover from Loverville, or your love is one big universal love, or you are just celebrating love -and lust- for life in general, this is the perfect time to open your heart for a little bit more of it.
Personal stylist and shopper Jenni Ryynänen of I on Image has hand-picked us a romantic selection from the latest collections in feminine dusty pink hues, rose gold accents and pearls. These items echo nostalgia and beautiful things from the past, but still have a sophisticated and strong modern feel to them.
Here’s to LOVE, the most powerful force in the world!
Romantic Looks For Valentine’s Day
- Acne Toronto wool scarf with logo. Wrap yourself warm under this large blanket-like scarf that will keep you warm even if your lover is far away.
- Skagen Agnethe rose gold coloured stainless steel pearl earrings. Beautiful scandi minimalism for making a statement with your jewelry every day.
- Marlies Dekkers Viva La Vida corset with matching Brazilian briefs (3.2. picture is from the back of the briefs). This Dutch designer makes underwear for strong grown-up women and her Frida Kahlo inspired collection is no exception. It brings the life and work of artist Frida Kahlo into the spotlight and celebrates her creativity and remarkable stamina.
- Serge Lutens Féminité du Bois Eau de Parfum 50ml. This earthy cedar wood scent expresses the masculine side of femininity and has been described as revolutionary.
- Sandro pink lace dress with white accents. I love the playful vintage feel of this dress. Wear with a classic block heel for a romantic look or add a modern twist with a sleek trainer.
- Swarovski Iconic Swan Ring. This open ring has a stunning crystal encrusted black swan and a simple pearl on the other end.
- Chloé Marcie mini crossbody bag in powdery pink leather. Great investment piece with a flowy boho touch that is Chloé’s signature style. Shop similar here. Saving mode on? Check out the more affordable version Hana cross body bag by See by Chloé.
- Skagen Agnethe rose gold coloured stainless steel bracelet with pearl. Match with the earrings mentioned above or wear on it’s own.
- Salvatore Ferragamo pumps with low flower heel and sophisticated round toe. Wear with mini dresses that would look too much with a stiletto or soften up your boyish denim.
STOCKISTS AND PHOTO CREDITS: De Bijenkorf
Not Great At Shopping On Your Own?
Wanna go shopping with a Personal Stylist? Read more about my personal shopping services in Amsterdam or shop with me online! Hiring a professional Personal Shopper is such a time and money saver + It’s a lot of fun, I promise!
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with these posts from the blog archives:
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day in style!