How To Store Your Clothes Right?
Learn how to store your clothes right with the best wardrobe styling and closet organizing tips. Get the most out of your closet space -and the best out of your personal style!
Imagine a closet full of “good friends” like my lovely client Susanne put it!
- Don’t jam your closet too full. Allow some breathing space between the clothes. Ideally you will see everything that you have on one glimpse.
- Use space saving hangers. I like thin wire hangers for tops and blouses. Large clumsy wood hangers are best used for coats, evening gowns and suits only.
- Use velvet hangers for items that fall off easily. They help to keep knitwear and items that stretch in shape. I like to pile my strappy tops on one for easy access.
- Organize your wardrobe per theme. There is no right or wrong answer. You can choose to arrange your clothes according to color or item type.
- Hang complete outfits ready to go. This is a nice Sunday evening ritual and it will save you so much time in the morning. It’s definitely worth the effort!
- Store your shoes in boxes. I stuff mine with tissue paper so they stay nicely in shape during storage. Always wipe the soles clean and buff the shoes clean before packing them away.
- Store your handbags in their dust bags. Stuff them with tissue paper to keep their original shape. Or get your monogrammed Bagpad – it’s a luxurious pillow that’s designed to keep your designer bags in shape. I got mine as a PR gift and I am in love!
How Did We Get This Far?
It’s great to know how to store your clothes right but how did we get this far with our wardrobe organization? Read also two previous parts of my wardrobe editing guide:
- PLAN – How To Plan The Perfect Wardrobe?
- PREP – Prepare Your Closet For The New Season
- STORE – You are here!
Shop Your Closet With I on Image
Closet clean-out like a pro, have a style detox, shop your closet and discover new combinations with the items you already own.
You will always know you what to wear and you can fully concentrate on what matters the most to you.
Grab my FREE Style Guide: Shop Your Closet Like A Stylist