Spring is in the air! It’s time to update your wardrobe to the new season and lighten up in general. Stylist Jenni Ryynänen of I on Image is adding a splash of optimistic yellow in your look and combining it with easy-going denim for an effortless cool girl-next-door-look. Forget about complicated pieces and high-maintenance. Our March fashion edit is dedicated to fabulous, fun and fierce women who do things their way, are kind and compassionate, yet brave and righteous. They go a mile for a friend in need but respect their boundaries and know when to walk away. They are forever curious, passionate and inspiring. May we be them, may we raise them!
- Victoria by Victoria Beckham wool sweater. Combine with classic blue denim and a comfy platform sneaker or spice up your classic tailoring with this springy shade. It may look sunny out there but, I tell you, it’s actually still freezing cold so a warm sweater will be a staple for at least two more months, if not longer.
- Dolce & Gabbana round golden sunglasses with colourful crystals. I am always a fan of extravaganza and over-the-top maximalism. With these you can keep the rest of the outfit simple or just forget about all the rules and go full-on bling. Just because you can.
- Stella McCartney denim jacket with distressed stars. A good denim jacket is an investment with a high return. It goes with pretty much everything and tends to age very well. I bought my previous one in Berlin in year 2000 and only now it’s starting to fall apart. Talking about price per wear ratio!
- See by Chloé denim skirt with scalloped and frayed hemline. A denim skirt is the cool girl’s way to transition from trousers to skirts. The A-line makes it easy to wear for most body shapes and I love the retro style front buttoning. Pair with a chunky platform or a sleek sneaker.
- See by Chloé ruffled high-neck silk dress. Nothing quite says spring than a boho-chic tiered dress in a breezy fabric and a sunny colour. Toughen up the romantic look with a denim jacket and a shoe that you can take the world in. Add sunnies and an vintage inspired crossbody bag.
- Baum und Pferdgarten joggers with side stripes and buttons. A chic jogger sounded impossible on a paper a few years ago but it proved to be a hot item that isn’t going to leave the scene anytime soon. As stated in my January edit (https://moniquemagazine.com/clean-slate/), athleisure will remain a global megatrend in 2018 and for a good reason. There are not many items that can accommodate looking streamlined yet relaxed in one look. Combine yours with a denim jacket and a pair of sneakers. Heels give an amazing contrast to a sporty look.
- Stella McCartney Elyse denim platform brogues. For every person who has ever suspected if eco-friendly or vegan shoes can really be cool I have presented exhibit A: every shoe Stella McCartney has ever designed. Loving the raw denim combined with cork and the cut-outs, not to mention the playful polka dots. Wear with mini, midi or cropped.
- See by Chloé Hana small crossbody bag in a spicy yellow hue. A true classic for it’s bohemian details and laid-back saddle shape.
- Kenzo Move sneaker. Kenzo’s signature tiger roars in these vintage style sneakers. Combine with anything that would otherwise look too conventional or trying too hard. These shoes will take you to places!
STOCKISTS AND PHOTO CREDITS (direct link above on each item):
Baum und Pferdgarten
Dolce & Gabbana
See by Chloé
Victoria Victoria Beckham
All at De Bijenkorf www.debijenkorf.nl
Monique Magazine is using affiliate links and will earn a commission for any purchases you make.
This story was originally published in Monique Magazine March 2018 Edition.