*This article is written in collaboration with AboutYouNL
LBD Party Edit
Welcome to I on Image’s Little Black Dress (aka LBD) Party Edit! This blog article is full of stylish ideas to help you to look stunning during this party season. I am offering you a carefully curated selection of whopping ten (yes 10!) Little Black Party Dresses to choose from. Enjoy!
My LBD Criteria
- The dress must have sleeves because I am tired of looking matching cover-ups. Somehow they never quite work. I still want to have my arms covered.
- Ideally it has a little bit of length because I am done with the micro-minis. Midi-length looks incredibly stylish and can be worn without tights too. Shorter hemlines must go with opaque tights.
- I want to wear a bra under my Little Black Party Dress. This is non-negotiable. There must be a backside to it, otherwise I’ll pass.
- A machine washable dress wins all those dry-clean-only -tags. Dry cleaners cost money, time and energy. Who wants to spill those?
- It would be great if the dress travels well. I rarely feel like ironing when I arrive to my destination. The dress need to be ready to rock when I take it out of my suitcase.
Discover Your Perfect Little Black Party Dress
- Find a model that works for your unique body shape
- Pay careful attention to details and material
- Shop with the event and season in mind
- Remember to also budget in your shoes, bag and jewelry
- You might also need a coat or a shawl to keep you warm
LBD Party Edit – Selected By I on Image
- Y.A.S Glitter Party Dress – Because we all love to shine!
2. Vila Flower Embroidered Dress -Because your inner hippie girl says so!
3. Ted Baker Floral Party Dress “Alithea” – Because sometimes your party look has to be also professional…
4. Selected Femme Satin Wrap Dress – Because nothing beats timeless elegance…
5. Rich & Royal Metallic Fleck Dress – Because there’s always a spark in the dark…
6. Pieces Ruffled Mesh Dress – Because you don’t want to spend too much…
7. Neo Noir Ruffled Party Dress “Nicky” – Because you could be feeling nostalgic…
8. Love & Divine Lace Midi Smock Dress – Because you might have something to hide…
9. Le Ger by Lena Gercke “Victoria” Satin Wrap Dress – Because simple chic is always in style…
10. IVY & OAK Polkadot Dress – Because it’s such a fun print!
Shoes To Go With Your Little Black Party Dress
Heavenly Heels – Because you deserve beautiful things!
- Lola Ramona Gold and Suede Bow Party Pump
- Jeffrey Campbell Valentin JH Crystal Pump
- Guess Odela Gold Heel Pump
Beautiful Booties – Because it might get a little chilly…
- Lola Ramona Quilted Ankleboot with Gold Studs
- Evita Natalia Golden Ankleboot
- Carvela by Kurt Geiger Serene Jewel Crystal Studded Ankleboot
Fabulous Flats – Because you might want to dance the night away…
- Dr. Martens Glitter Combat Boot
- Fila Disruptor Iridescent Holographic Silver Sneaker
- Carvela by Kurt Geiger Langley Crystal Studded Sneaker
Round Of Applause
All product photos in this style story are used with kind and generous permission of AboutYouNL. Thank you very much for your support in making this article happen!
Which dress was your favourite? And which shoes? Tell me in comments!
Wishing you a very stylish December!
Your image consultant with an eye for detail
Sign up to my monthly newsletter “Stylish News from I on Image” and get all the latest + FREE style & image tips straight to your inbox. No spam, unsubscribe at any time. Profit from exclusive offers all year round.