I on Image’s body shape guide 3/4
Dress your shape: Rectangle
Do you have one or more of the following body features?
- Balanced bust vs. hips
- Long and lean silhouette
- Elegant neck
- Straight waistline
-> YES THAT’S ME, keep on reading further for style advice
Rectangle Power Features
- Your shoulders
- Your legs
- Your smile
Accentuate these body features by dressing right. Style tips will follow in the next chapter. Remember that your smile is always your best accessory!
Best styles for a rectangle body shape
- Belted styles for creating an illusion of a waistline and curves.
- Wide necklines such as U, V, boat and scoop. Also off-the-shoulder styles work for this shape really well.
- Embellishments, ruffles, pockets and details that add volume.
- Flared or boot cut trousers and jeans
- Full, pleated, tulip or bubble skirts. Also ruffled styles and pockets for added volume.
Other I on Image’s Body Shape Guides
Remember that these are just very rough guidelines and majority of people fall in multiple categories. You are also allowed to rebel and wear what ever you want!
I believe that every body is beautiful!
Your image consultant with an eye for detail
This article appeared originally in I on Image’s blog on 13th June 2018 and was edited on 14th May 2019