I on Image’s body shape guide 2/4
Dress your shape: Pear
Do you have one or more of the following body features?
- Narrow shoulders vs. wide hips
- Elegant neck
- Defined waistline
- Curvy thighs
-> YES THAT’S ME, keep on reading further for style advice
Pear Power Features
- Your waist
- Your neck
- Your smile
Accentuate these body features by dressing right. Style tips will follow in the next chapter. Remember that your smile is always your best accessory!
Best styles for a Pear body shape
- Wide necklines such as U, V, boat and scoop. Also off-the-shoulder styles work for this shape really well.
- Fitted waistlines. It goes without saying that hiding a beautiful figure under masses of fabric is just not flattering and wide styles will often look too baggy on a feminine pear figure.
- Wide, gathered or puff sleeves for creating volume on your top section.
- Details around the top half such as pockets, embellishments and ruffles.
- Straight or bot cut trousers and jeans for balancing out your full hips.
- A-line or pleated skirts that gently contour your hip area.
Other I on Image’s Body Shape Guides
Remember that these are just very rough guidelines and majority of people fall in multiple categories. You are also allowed to rebel and wear what ever you want!
I believe that every body is beautiful!
Your image consultant with an eye for detail
This article appeared originally in I on Image’s blog on 13th June 2018 and was edited on 14th May 2019