I on Image’s body shape guide 4/4
Dress your shape: hourglass
Do you have one or more of the following body features?
- Balanced bust vs. hips
- Clearly defined waistline
- Feminine silhouette
- Great legs
-> YES THAT’S ME, keep on reading further for style advice
Hourglass Power Features
- Your curves
- Your legs
- Your smile
Accentuate these body features by dressing right. Style tips will follow in the next chapter. Remember that your smile is always your best accessory!
Best styles for an HOURGLASS body shape
- Wrapped styles. I love classic Diane Von Furstenberg-style printed wrap dresses and sexy 50’s-style wrap blouses so much. They create a beautiful curve and help you look your best without even trying.
- Belted styles. A good belt will add definition to any outfit when you wish to accentuate your waistline. If leather belts feel too stiff try a fabric belt or my favorite: an elastic belt, which feels super comfy but your still get the style!
- Tailored and fitted styles. It goes without saying that hiding a beautiful figure under masses of fabric is just not flattering and wide styles will often look too baggy on a feminine hourglass figure. Opt for fitted styles instead.
- Boot cut or skinny trousers and jeans, fitted capris. These classic trouser styles look amazing on a balanced figure. Avoid baggy styles and large volumes of fabric.
- High-waisted trousers and skirts, especially pencil skirts. These styles accentuate your waist and create a flattering feminine figure.
Other I on Image’s Body Shape Guides
Remember that these are just very rough guidelines and majority of people fall in multiple categories. You are also allowed to rebel and wear what ever you want!
I believe that every body is beautiful!
Your image consultant with an eye for detail
This article appeared originally in I on Image’s blog on 13th June 2018 and was edited on 14th May 2019