- A cotton sundress in a lovely colour or print
- Sunscreen that doesn’t irritate your skin, killer mascara and lip gloss with SPF
- Sunglasses with an attitude
Inspired by the video I wanted to share with you more summer essentials that I have found for my clients or for myself. Please note that, as usual, none of the links are affiliate links. I am an independent personal stylist and I take no kick backs from shops for advertising their products. I work with all brands from Primark to Prada and my sole aim is to find the best items for YOU. Should I on Image ever be involved in an affiliate program it will be clearly marked so you can make an educated style choice.
Here you can watch the video on Instagram and add your own summer essentials in the comments section throughout the summer of 2017!
Welcome to Friday Style Secrets! In today's episode we share our summer essentials. I will be sharing mine later so stay tuned. In the meantime go and share yours in comments below. Think sunglasses, maxi dress, that turquoise necklace that takes you right back to Amalfi coast… – – – #FridayStyleSecrets #jointheconversation ##instavideo #amsterdamstylist #imageconsulting #imageconsultant #stylist #personalstylist #styling #tips #tip #personalshopping #personalshopper #signaturestyle #personalstyle #summeressentials
An unfortunate side note: That turquoise necklace that I am wearing on the video snapped last night and my kitchen was full of beads. I was sad because, besides of it being really nice for the summer, I made it myself a few years ago from two old necklaces (the other one was broken and the other one’s metal parts scratched my skin). I must repair it soon!
summer essentials 2017 by I on Image
1. A cotton sundress in a lovely colour or print. This dress will take you from beach to parties. Just change the accessories. Remember to keep it as glam as possible throughout the day. Summer is too short for frumpy. During the day it’s all about the easy breezy summer chic in flat sandals and cool shades. In the evening you can add a comfy wedge heel or platform sandals and jewelry, tons of jewelry. You can belt the dress for a more defined waistline but you can also eat in these dresses, unlike in many other summer frocks that I have seen lately. I have selected only models that are 100% cotton and my strict criteria was that they must allow you to wear a proper bra underneath. I have also sneaked in a plus size dress because I strongly believe that enjoying summer and fashion belongs to everyone!
a) & Other Stories printed cotton shirt dress. Order yours here.
b) ASOS CURVE palm print midi sundress with ruffle. Order yours here.
c) COS Oversized printed T-shirt dress. Order yours here.
2. Sunscreen that doesn’t irritate your skin, killer mascara and lip gloss with SPF. You will enjoy the summer the most without a sunburn. First, it’s dangerous and aging. Second, it’s as far from chic as can be. So protect yourself. Stay in the shade or use a sunhat. Avoid the frying midday sun (it’s anyway a good excuse for a nap, if your schedule allows).
d) Colorescience Sunforgettable®Brush-on mineral sunscreen SPF 50. Available in 4 shades. Order yours here.
e) Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl waterproof mascara. My sister gave the normal version of this mascara to me as a present and I have been a fan ever since. Order yours here.
f) Paula’s Choice Resist Anti-Aging lip gloss SPF 40 in universally flattering pink. Finding a tinted lip product with this high SPF was not easy! Order yours here.
3. Sunglasses with an attitude. Nothing quite adds attitude to any style of clothing than a pair of really cool shades. They allow you to go #nomakeup, hide the fact that you skipped your boot camp in the park and drank rose on the pier with your girlfriends until you (almost) missed the last bus (*happened to a friend*) and most importantly prevent you from getting that miserable headache that I always get from being in the sun.
g) &Other Stories colour block sunglasses. Order yours here.
h) Jeepers Peepers unisex visor style sunglasses with tortoiseshell and gold frame and brown tinted lens. Order yours here.
i) Le Specs ASHANTI matte quartz diamond mirror cat-eye sunglasses. Order yours here.
Couldn’t find your style here or hungry for more summer essentials?Book your appointment with I on Image here! If you are short of time ask for our online services available to all locations in the world plus they can be offered with a very short notice. I am also looking forward to shop the summer sales with you, live and online!
Summer just got more stylish!
Your image consultant with an eye for detail, even when the weather is boiling hot