Our February fashion story is dedicated to love. There is of course Valentine’s Day on 14th February but in these modern days you are allowed to have your own interpretation of what love really means to you. Whether your love is the traditional “you&me forever”-scenario, or you are embracing your secret romance with a lovely lover from Loverville, or your love is one big universal love, or you are just celebrating love -and lust- for life in general, this is the perfect time to open your heart for a little bit more of it. Stylist Jenni Ryynänen of I on Image has hand-picked us a romantic selection from the latest collections in feminine dusty pink hues, rose gold accents and pearls. These items echo nostalgia and beautiful things from the past, but still have a sophisticated and strong modern feel to them. Here’s to love, the most powerful force in the world!
Valentine’s Day selection February 2018
1. Acne Toronto wool scarf with logo. Wrap yourself warm under this large blanket-like scarf that will keep you warm even if your lover is far away.
2. Skagen Agnethe rose gold coloured stainless steel pearl earrings. Beautiful scandi-minimalism for making a statement with your jewelry every day.
3. Marlies Dekkers Viva La Vida corset (3.1) with matching Brazilian briefs (3.2. picture is from the back). This Dutch designer makes underwear for strong grown-up women and her Frida Kahlo inspired collection is no exception. It brings the life and work of artist Frida Kahlo into the spotlight and celebrates her creativity and remarkable stamina.
4. Serge Lutens Féminité du Bois Eau de Parfum 50ml. This earthy cedar wood scent expresses the masculine side of femininity and has been described as revolutionary.
5. Sandro pink lace dress with white accents. I love the playful vintage feel of this dress. Wear with a classic block heel for a romantic look or add a modern twist with a sleek trainer.
6. Swarovski Iconic Swan Ring. This open ring has a stunning crystal encrusted black swan and a simple pearl on the other end.
7. Chloé Marcie mini crossbody bag in powdery pink leather. Great investment piece with a flowy boho touch that is Chloé’s signature style.
8. Skagen Agnethe rose gold coloured stainless steel bracelet with pearl. Match with the earrings mentioned above or wear on it’s own.
9. Salvatore Ferragamo Luca pump with low flower heel and sophisticated round toe. Wear with mini dresses that would look too much with a stiletto or soften up your boyish denim.
STOCKISTS AND PHOTO CREDITS
Swarovski at De Bijenkorf www.debijenkorf.nl
Marlies Dekkers at www.marliesdekkers.com
Monique Magazine is using affiliate links and will earn a commission for any purchases you make.
This story was originally published in Monique Magazine February 2018 edition.